31st of December. Wow! The year went fast! And it was so exciting – so many things happened!!! My own exhibition, new career and education developments, amazing travel destinations (Fallingwater!), some burned bridges and lost friends – but luckily many new friends, too (even a virtual one)!
September was officially the worst month of my life. Everything went wrong.
But then, something absolutely unexpected happened in November. All I can say – I am really looking forward to the start of new year.
And then in 2012 I also started a new hobby. It is really cool, I love it, one might think the choice is very unexpected for a girl like me, but I enjoy it enormously. Unfortunately, I’m not really good at it yet, though. That is why I won’t reveal what it is, but it will be a new year promise to practice regularly and become better and only then I will post some pictures.
Do you make NYE promises? The occasional “lose weight”, “quit drinking and smoking” etc. Do those who make the promises actually fulfill them? I hate making promises I can’t keep. Thus…
…I’m going to make only the ones that are fun, so it is really easy to fulfill them. Here we go:
- Draw more often. Every second day (?). Even a little.
- Try to travel more, and always keep a camera in the pocket
- Continue regularly practicing that new hobby of mine
- Search for new music and visit live-gigs and concerts
- Spend more time with friends
- Learn to cook tasty stuff (I absolutely cannot cook, but if I start with smoothie, cake, and salad recipes, that should be fun, right?)
- Arrange more parties for friends (why not try to show off those new cooking skills?)
- And of course some health related activities like learn to eat breakfast, learn to sleep (and really stop hanging out till 2 or 3 and whine every morning how tired you are)
- Shop less, prefer quality over quantity and really start wearing more of all those clothes… it seams I wear 20% of my wardrobe. So yes, be more stylish!
- Maybe even post some outfits in the blog. I have not really done this, because I am shy about it. But maybe that is one way to be creative too.
- Get rid of useless things, clothes, furniture. More space for living. At the moment especially my kitchen table is a disaster, with all the painting attributes.
- Finally, go to the doctor to run some thorough tests to find the reason for the regular food allergy. I’m tired of it!
- Be nice to parents!
- Get a kitten!!!
- Let go of the previous disappointments, old habits, old memories, states of being offended. After all, one has to move on. It is such a relief to say out loud that something is SO LAST SEASON or SO 2012!
I am sure there will be more items invented along the way in 2013, so a really good advice is to be open-minded and try new things. But before I move on, for the very last time, I choose consciously to drown in some memories, own sentimentality and melancholy. The science of feeling lonely. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!